Friday 2 February 2018

Heart Smart Chickens

It's time for February's CAS Watercolour Challenge. The theme this month is hearts and our Guest Designer is Sue of Sue's Card Craft
Don't forget to head over to our Guest designer Sue's blog and the rest of the Design team and check out all the wonderful inspiration.


I decided to have a little fun with this one, when I saw these adorable little chicks from Stampingbella the first thing that jumped into my head was "I think they're doing sit ups at the gym, it's their New Years resolution".

I watercoloured the chicks using Daniel Smith watercolour dots. I thought I would try them out in the dot size before I invested a lot of money in the tubes,  It's a great way to find out if you like them. I die cut the chicks, and also die cut as set in white fun foam to pop the up on the card.


I die cut the hearts from red cards stock and made them sparkle with a little wink of stella.

.
I would love to hear what you think 😏




Card Recipe
Stamps: Stampingbella, Katzelkraft
Paper: 140lb watercolour, 110lb white, 110lb red
Ink: Ranger archival
Accessories: Daniel Smith watercolour dot sheet, Die cut hearts, white fun foam, wink of Stella
Techniques: Watercolouring

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Oh Christine your card brought a huge smile to my face. Such a fun idea on the heart theme, cute images, beautifully coloured and great sentiment with a lovely font x

nancy littrell said...

How fun and clever to use your exercising chicks with a fun sentiment for a Valentine card. TFS Christine. Hugs..

Susan said...

Made me laugh to think of those chickens doing sit ups! They are so cute. And I think of them having to check their heart rate after exercising so putting the little hearts on them is perfect! Great sentiment along the idea of making a New Year's resolution to exercise. What a fun interpretation of the "heart" challenge!

Loll said...

So fun!! This is such a unique design for hearts. Love the adorable chicks with the sparkly hearts. xx

Nstiz said...

You always use such unusual images and love seeing them. Those chicks are just too darned cute and I laughed about them doing sit ups. The font of the sentiment is wonderful too. Fun design.

BożenA said...

These chickens are so funny :-) I also see them at the gym ... I would also have to jump in with them. A great idea for a card
Hugs,
BożenA

Bonnie said...

I think this card is so much fun, Christine! Love these chicks with their sparkly hearts and that fabulous sentiment!

Pat said...

These chicks are so cute and such fun Christine and I love the way you have coloured them and popped them up on foam for dimension, and I love that sentiment too. x

Karen Dunbrook said...

very cute and so unique...such a wonderful, artsy sentiment too.
xx Karen

Trina P. said...

Oh, these chicks are so cute, especially seeing them do sit ups! So fun and your watercolouring is beautiful. Thanks for putting a smile on my face.

Julia Aston said...

What fun chicks so brightly watercolored - working out at their exercise class!! great font on your sentiment!