Friday 16 February 2018

CAS Watecolour Mid month reminder

Hi everyone, it's the middle of February and reminder time at CAS Watercolour so if you haven't headed over yet to check out all the wonderful cards you'll have so much fun.  Bonnie is our host for this month and Sue of Sue's Card Craft is our Guest Designer and of course there's the design team all with awesome inspiration.


Also I have some exciting news.  There's going to be a new Christmas Card challenge for everyone to play along with hosted by Loll and Bonnie.  I'm sure everyone will be looking forward to this one.


Now onto my card for this months CAS watercolour challenge card 😊

I found a little swatch of watercolour card with Distress oxide splatter on it in my UFO box.  It looked to pretty to throw away so I added a little more colour and stamped this scribble heart from one of the Stampers anonymous sets.  The heart is coloured using distress oxide inks then spritzed  with a mixture of water and perfect pearl.  I finally I added a few blue gems I found at the dollar store.

Then a bit of an oops, I made the typical mistake of removing the stamp from my MISTI before I was done. Distress oxides give a chalky effect on the surface which I wanted to brighten after I watercoloured, so I used a blue pen to re-outline the heart. It's a scribble heart so I thought it would be OK.  Note to self should leave my stamps in until I'm completely done 😊


You can't really see the shimmer but it's there IRL.


I hope you like it, and I'd love to hear from you.


Card Recipe
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous. Bebunny (Crafters Companion) sentiment.
Paper: 110lb white, Navy, 140lb watercolour
Ink: Ranger archival, Distress oxide
Accessories: MISTI, Gems Navy Fine line pen
Techniques: Distress oxide smoshing., watercolouring

12 comments:

nancy littrell said...

LOVE your Distress Oxide background, my friend. I have plenty of these small pieces in my UFO boxes:-) You make me want to search thru for a few favorites. How cool that your stamped heart was a scribble style heart, so a much easier save:-) TFS your mixed media CAS beauty, Christine. Hugs...

Susan said...

Fabulous oxide background, Christine! Makes for a great unusual Valentine! I really like the blue gems and the way you only bordered it on two sides.

Loll said...

Gorgeous colours in your splattered background Christine. And I love the deep teal of your heart. Great job with outlining the image. I can't tell you how many times I've taken an image out of the misti and regretted it. :) I'm getting pretty steady with my outlining skills. So at least there's a silver lining. :) Beautiful card, my friend! xx

BożenA said...

Oh, how beautiful is that, Christine !! I love how the heart looks like. As if it was made of a sheet of water through which the bottom is piercing. I love it. For a moment I was reminded of holidays in Croatia there the water is so clear that you can see all the stones on the bottom. As in your heart. Thank you for this time travel :-)
Hugs,
BozenA

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous Distress Oxide background with the shimmering blue heart, Christine! The card is very impactful and it reminds me of Klimt paintings. You did a great job with re-outlining the heart too. Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

I see why you couldn't throw that pretty watercolor piece away! Love those colors! I have a bad habit of taking my stamp off the MISTI too soon. I'd say you recovered very well! This is so pretty, my friend!

Karen Dunbrook said...

great results with your DOX bkg...lovely card...

Susanne Vargas said...

That background and the heart are simply gorgeous!!!

Trina P. said...

Good thing you hung onto that bg piece. You turned it into a beautiful card. Love all the shimmer.

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous effect with those oxides and yes I have taken off my stamp off the Misti more than once!!! What a unique and fabulous card x

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful background for your lovely blue heart!

Jo said...

What a beautiful watercolour background piece for that graffiti heart. I find hand drawing often adds a special touch, truly mix media style. The black offset gives your heart a beautiful direction to fly off of and compliments your sentiment. Such a unique and special Valentine. LOVE IT! xx