Monday 19 February 2018

Acrylic metallic inks


My local art store had some Liquitex metallic acrylic inks on sale.  I'm a sucker for anything metallic so I just couldn't resist trying them out at 50% off. I had some fun with some abstract acrylic pouring and stamping.  It's a bit wild but I think I like it.
My inspiration for this card came from Red Queen Art blog, Eleanor has the most amazing pieces of acylic mixed media abstract art in card form.  I highly recommend you browse through some of her pages and leave a little comment, we all love comments on our cards.

This one is mixed media card with some background stamping and scribbles representing pen and ink.  The inkwell stamp is from a Sheena Douglas set which I used platinum embossing powder and Versamark then I fussy cut and watercoloured. The pen nib is from a Ken Oliver vintage art supply set.  I die cut the feather and threaded it through the nib.  I used a spiral bind stamp and pierced the card along the edge of the rings

Card number 2 I added a little texture paste, stenciling,die cuts and some text stamping for the background.


For the next two I used Canvas for a little more texture and added die cuts (from snippets) and a Stampendous crackle stamp.



I hope you like them, I am entering these for the following cheallenges



Card Recipe
Stamps: Purple onion (Time),  Sheena Douglas, Doe craft
Paper: mixed media, Black, 110lb white
Ink: Delicata Gold
Accessories: feather die, metal pen nib embellishment (Ken Oliver), Liquitex mealic inks, India ink, plastic card.
Techniques: Metallic Acrylic inks, stamping, die cut, embelishment
Card Recipe
Stamps: Spellbinders - Seth Apter
Paper: mixed media, Black, 110lb white
Ink: Ranger archival
Accessories: Memory box die, Ali Express Die, Carabelle stencil,
Techniques: Metallic Acrylic inks, stamping, die cut,
Card Recipe
Stamps: Stampendous
Paper: Canvas, Black, 110lb white
Ink: Ranger Archival
Accessories: Gina Marie Die, Ali Express Die
Techniques: Metallic Acrylic inks, stamping, die cut,
Card Recipe
Stamps: Stampendous,
Paper: Canvas, Black, 110lb white
Ink: Ranger Archival
Accessories: Tim Holtz Die
Techniques: Metallic Acrylic inks, stamping, die cut

20 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

fantastic looking cards mf...love them all.
xx Karen

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Wow!!! Love these. Very cool indeed.
Hugs
Preeti

nancy littrell said...

OMG...Christine, Four absolutely amazing mixed media earthy Gorgeous artsy background images. I will be going back to your cards again and again to learn more about all your layering details and be continually Inspired with each visit!!! I must try my hand at more mixed media layering. I am so hoping I get to see IRL some of your stunning mixed media creations my friend. I am just so impressed with your talents. Thank you so much for sharing. A Big Hug....nancy

Trina P. said...

Mind blown!!! Gorgeous cards one after another and another and another. Beautiful acrylic background. All the different mixed media products added amazing dimension. Love them all.

Susan said...

Four fabulous mixed media cards! I absolutely love the seahorse and wildflower ones! Great colours - perfect for masculine cards. I love the way you use new products you come across!

clelie said...

Love what you did with these! I did visit Red Queen Art and was blown away by her amazing talent! Sadly, there were only a few and I hope she is going to continue her blogspot! TFS

Jeanne H said...

All I can think of to say is WOW!

Red Queen Art Creations said...

Oh Christine, I love your inky abstract backgrounds and the different techniques you have used. Thank you so much for the shout out as well, it is difficult to get noticed when you first start a blog so I really appreciate the lovely comments on your blog, xx

Bonnie said...

WOW! I can see you had a good time with these paints, Christine! I especially love them on the canvas! Wonderful examples of mixed media!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous mixed media cards.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Jo said...

I'm in AWE :P Love these earth tones with all the different textures, just perfectly dosed!! I have to say the last two are my FAVE. Love the mouvement in the background and the white die cuts to contrast are the perfect "ENCORE" to the card base. Truly Simple ELEGANCE. xxx

Loll said...

Fantastic mixed media designs Christine. Thanks for recommending Red Queen ... awesome blog! Love your journey into more and more mixed media ... I'm learning a lot from you! x

Julia Aston said...

What gorgeous cards and a wonderful technique Christine! These should all be hanging in an art exhibit! I'm going to go look at Red Queen as well - always something new to learn isn't there - I enjoyed your post today very much! Julia xx

Di said...

Really fabulous cards Christine! LOVE the colours you've used and those backgrounds are amazing - they draw you in past each beautiful focal point. Really super cards - as my Len would say (and it's a huge compliment from him) - better than shop quality :)

Hugs

Di xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

What an amazing, artsy, mixed media card collection, Christine! I love the well-thought layers of mixed media, stamped images/texts and the perfect die-cuts! Thanks for sharing the Red Queen Art Blog link too. Hideko xx

AlisonC said...

You've made the most of your bargain inks. Beautiful backgrounds and very stylish die cuts.

BożenA said...

WOW !! So many beautiful cards in one post !! It was a busy time :-) I love your acrylic backgrounds. I love how paint spills, creating beautiful, unique spots. These are unique cards.
Thank you for joining the challenge in Crafting With An Attitude.
Regards,
BożenA DT CWAA

Mac Mable said...

I always love your choice of colours...my choices too, for the most part x Love the mixed media work and those liquitex metallics look fabulous. Amazing inspiration and amazing collection of wonderful cards x

Dotstolines said...

Lovely interpretation of the challenge! Great background! Thanks for playing with us at HLS!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous cards. Nice how you made the background.
Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)