Thursday 19 January 2017

An old technique revisited

It's so nice when friends start up a discussion about old techniques, and so inspirational.  Thank you Nancy for starting that email thread about pencils and gamsol or blending solution.  I pulled out my box of  Koh-I-Noor pencils and kraft paper and thought about Darnell's NBUS challenge.



Back in the fall friends were visit from the UK, 💡now that's a perfect opportunity to purchase stamps from the UK and Europe and have them brought over hee hee.  Before they arrive I'm trolling the all the online stores and having parcels delivered to them, yes I spent lots of money.  I must admit they were a little surprised by the Brusho's and the warnings that I gave about packing them in their suitcases.  Of course I couldn't resist stopping in at Katzelkraft a french store with a great selection of stamps.  I consider these stamps as NBUS because I have had them since September and this is the first time they have been inked up.
So using my pencils and blender pen I came up with this card-


Both the Zebra and sentiment are by Katzelkraft.  Because I was on a roll I did a second card using another of the stamps from both animal and the sentiment set.  The raindrops are by Designs By Ryn.


I hope you like them


Card Recipe
Stamps: Katzelkraft, Designs by Ryn
Paper: 110 lb white, kraft, black
Ink: Ranger Archival
Accessories: Koh-I-Noor pencils, blender pen
Techniques: pencil colouring

11 comments:

Nstiz said...

OH my gosh, that elephant is priceless! How fun are these images, Christine! Both cards had me smiling here!

Loll said...

So fun!! Great cards Christine and great images. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards, I love the images that you've used especially the elephant.

Sue xx

Lisa T said...

What fun these two cards are! Love the images and the sentiments, and of course the colouring on kraft. Wonderful!

Bonnie said...

I like, I like, Christine! What fun images and beautifully colored! You have paired the images with the perfect sentiments!

JennyH said...

Oh such cool stamps, love the spotty zebra : )

Susan said...

Love the zebra with spots instead of stripes - such a fun image. As is the elephant - he looks as sad and fed up as I do when I'm sick and tired of rain coming down! Great colouring on the kraft cs!

Trina P. said...

Great cards. Fun images and sentiments. I think I'm going to have to dust off my pencils for my next card.

Brenda in IN said...

These are the cutest cards. The images are so fun and the sentiments are perfect with them!

Darnell said...

I love those stamps and am so impressed with your pencil coloring skills, Christine! You have done a magnificent job with these fun cards and it's been great to be a part of the thread and see you ladies get enthusiastic about the theme of my challenge! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS #8! Hugs, Darnell

Carol H. said...

Your dotty zebra is so fun and beautifully colored!!! I love the elephant, he looks kinda flat and deflated which I think is perfect for your sentiment!! Your coloring is so pretty!!